Confessions of a Photographer: What I Never Did...

So... I photograph all stories of life... babies, children, families, seniors... but I would say our biggest area of storytelling would be weddings. I love weddings... I love the emotion of the day, the build up of seeing each other for the first time, the joy of a new life together, EVERYTHING! This could be because I get to be reminded of how awesome my wedding day was.

That being said, I have a confession that is a liiiittle bit ridiculous... 

"I never ordered my wedding album."

"Oh, you didn't hear me?"

*awkward pause*

"I NEVER ORDERED MY WEDDING ALBUM."

I feel like this is one of the craziest things! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't that I got married almost FOUR years ago now. Here I am... a wedding photographer who gets to tell Fairy Tales half the weekends there are in a year... and then tell brides how wonderful a wedding album is... and I never even ordered mine!

I'm not 100% sure why I never ordered one... too busy? Too expensive? Whatever the case... I realized that I have NO idea what my brides get to feel the anticipation they have after they place their order... when they receive that package in the mail...what its like to go through the book over and over again to relive the day.

I am happy to say: THIS HAS CHANGED.

I officially designed and ordered my wedding album yesterday. And I am SO EXCITED!!! I want it to be at my doorstep NOW. Here is one of the pages... 

Photos were taken by Bethany & Ryan Terry of Joy Studios {Click Here}.

Part of the reason I even ordered it was because we are adding actual albums to our list of products and I wanted to see how great this company was... so I've ordered myself an album.

Even if that's what it took to actually get me moving in the right direction... I am now giddy (yes... giddy) with excitement to receive this book! And I feel like I'm going to be able to better understand and prioritize my future couple's wedding albums and timeline.

That's all for now Loves... I'll definitely be posting photos of the album!

Now hurry up FedEx... and bring me my album!!!

Love, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment